Whether you’re a dedicated oenophile or simply like to share a glass of wine with friends, Raymond Vineyards has something for everyone. One of Napa Valley’s wine-growing pioneers, the St. Helena Winery takes a whimsical approach to a regular tasting experience, providing guests with an approachable, yet educational way to sip on some vino.
The Crystal Cellar experience, for instance, focuses on the decanting of wine showcasing the winery’s flagship label, while the Red Room is a more intimate gathering space grounded by a guided tasting flight. If you want to get even more hands on, consider booking the Winemaker for a Day experience and blend your own bottle of wine.
Things to know before you go
- You must be 21 years or older.
- All tours and experiences are by appointment only.
- Open daily.
- Make sure you have a designated driver after the tasting.
How to get there
Raymond Vineyards is located in St. Helena along Zinfandel Lane which is best accessed by car from CA-29.
When to get there
The winery is open daily from 10am to 4pm, so plan your arrival based on your tour booking. California wine country is great to visit at any time of the year, but for the best weather plan your trip for spring, late summer, or early fall.
Bonus Tour at Raymond Vineyards
Set aside enough time at the beginning or end of your tasting to visit the vineyard’s Theater of Nature. This self-guided or audio tour is free, and takes you through the 2-acre (0.8-hectare) educational exhibit on biodynamic farming techniques in the Napa Valley. You can download the audio tour on your smartphone.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon