Lush gardens, cobblestone paths, vine-covered walkways, and flowing waterfalls make V Marketplace a relaxing spot to enjoy a glass of wine or a meal. Stop by the tasting room, purchase meats and cheeses at the deli, or sit down for Italian-style dining at the acclaimed Bottega restaurant. Art lovers can visit several galleries on-site, which include specialties in wine-related art, photography, glass, and sculpture. One of Napa Valley’s original hot air balloon companies is also headquartered here.
Things to know before you go
- You’ll find numerous handcrafted wines at the V Wine Cellar with a casual wine bar; some wine country tours stop at this top Napa wine country destination.
- Spontaneous travelers will find plenty to entertain, but restaurant reservations are recommended.
- Bottega is chef Michael Chiarello’s flagship restaurant; his newer restaurant—Ottimo is a more casual option, while Platform 8 serves burgers and nitro ice cream.
- Guided tours typically provide round-trip hotel transport, allowing for safe alcohol consumption without the hassle of navigation.
- There are plenty of luxury hotels and inns catering to visitors who decide to spend the night.
How to get there
V Marketplace is located in the heart of the Napa Valley wine country at 6525 Washington Street in Yountville. The town is an easy 15 minutes north of Napa, and nearly 1.5-hours from San Francisco, depending on traffic and route. If you’re arriving from the city, follow US-101 across the Golden Gate Bridge, turn onto CA-121 into Napa, then take CA-29 N to your destination; an alternate route follows CA-37.
When to get there
The complex is open throughout the week—usually from morning until late afternoon— and it welcomes more than half a million visitors each year, with events taking place year-round. The Yountville Art, Sip & Stroll festival takes place each April; come at Christmastime for chocolate ornament decorating; or visit in June for the Father’s Day Invitational Auto Show.
There’s no need for advance planning; simply browse the upscale boutiques and specialty shops. While men and children are catered for with Kane or Lemondrops, respectively, women’s novelty apparel and accessories are the highlights here. Explore options like Sisters Boutique, Tay & Grace, and i-elle.