Things to Do in Naples This Spring
Naples is at its best from April to June, when temperatures are mild, crowds are manageable, and sea conditions are calm enough to catch a ferry to Sorrento, Capri, and the other islands in the Bay of Naples. Here are a few ideas for savoring this lively city in the balmy days of spring.
- Take advantage of the warm temperatures and long days to explore Mount Vesuvius and Pompeii.
- Beat the summer crowds to Capri and the Blue Grotto.
- See the lush spring flowers cascading down the cliffsides of Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast.
- Discover Naples’ traditional street food with a walking tour through the historic center.
- Take in the city’s highlights from an open-top bus with a hop-on-hop-off tour.
- Escape a spring rain shower by heading below ground on a Naples underground tour.
- Hone your skills for summer pizza parties with an authentic Neapolitan pizza making class.
- Feel like a local by zipping around the city on a Vespa tour.
- Admire the views over the green vineyards from the slopes of Mt. Vesuvius during a wine tasting.
- Head across the bay to the island of Ischia for a day of fun and food.