Mt. Boron (Mont Boron)
The trails leading to Mt. Boron's summit are 6 miles (11 kilometers) long and meander through lush nature. Nature lovers will spy tree species, unique to the Mediterranean Sea, like Holm Oak and Aleppo Pine. Walk over to the 16th-century military fort perched 720 feet (220 meters) above the sea for a 360-degree view of the surrounding coastline and the Alpes-Maritimes.
Travelers may enjoy Mt. Boron as part of a tour, by way of sightseeing bus, walking, electric bike, or Segway. Tours typically tie in visits to top attractions along the French Riviera like the colorful Cours Saleya flower market, the Matisse Museum, and the Russian Cathedral of Cimiez. Other longer tours may visit Villefranche sur Mer, Château de Crémat (to taste local wines), and Monte Carlo (to test lady luck at one of the casinos).
Things to Know Before You Go
- Tours may include guide, round trip hotel transport, but not food or drink. Check specific tours for details.
- Well-paved trails can get steep in places, in addition to the natural side trails.
- In Monte Carlo casinos, children must be accompanied by an adult, travelers must present an ID card or passport, and a small entry fee may apply.
How to Get There
Travelers visiting Mt. Boron independently can take the 14 bus from Alberti station to—or down from after hiking up through the forest—the summit of Mt. Boron.
When to Get There
Plan a trip in spring or fall to avoid the crowds and heat of summer, which can make Mt. Boron’s hiking or biking trails more strenous.
Drive the Nice Corniches
Carved into the pine-forested mountains along the Cote d'Azur, between Nice and Menton, are three seaside roads with some of the most dramatic scenery and views in Europe: Grande Corniche, Basse Corniche, and Moyenne Corniche. Each one is different, holding a different perspective and unique set of charms.
- Villefranche Cruise Port (Port de la Santé)
- Quai Lunel
- Place Garibaldi
- Castle Hill (Colline du Château)
- Cours Saleya Flower Market (Marché aux Fleurs Cours Saleya)
- Quai des États-Unis
- Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild
- Molinard Perfumery (Maison Molinard)
- Massena Square (Place Masséna)
- Marc Chagall National Museum (Musée National Marc Chagall)
- Villa Kerylos
- Cimiez Monastery (Monastere de Cimiez)
- Matisse Museum (Musée Matisse)
- Cote d’Azur Observatory (Observatoire de la Cote d’Azur)
- Massena Art & History Museum (Musée Masséna)