Maroochydore serves as a popular holiday hub on the Sunshine Coast, complete with a revitalized city center, shopping center, and collection of bars and restaurants. While surfing may be the main draw to the area, it’s not the only thing to do here; the Maroochy River is a beautiful place to spend an afternoon, and also offers ample fishing opportunities. There are also a lot of good bike and walking paths on and around the coast, with plenty of gorgeous sights to see along the way. Just north of town is Underwater World, a wonderful aquarium experience for visitors of all ages.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Maroochydore is a popular destination for families and water sports enthusiasts.
- Don’t forget to pack a swimsuit, beach towel, and sun protection.
- Only swim on beaches patrolled by lifeguards with areas marked as safe to swim.
- Free internet access is available in the city library.
How to Get There
The nearest airport to Maroochydore is the Sunshine Coast Airport, but it is only serviced by local flights. For international flights, the Brisbane Airport is approximately 60 miles (100 kilometers) south of the city. It is most easily accessed by car, and there are many choices for rental companies.
When to Get There
The best time to enjoy the beaches of the Sunshine Coast is between September and November, when weather is generally warm and dry. On Sundays, stop by the flea market that features crafts and gifts as well as fresh fruits and vegetables.
Best Swimming Beaches on the Sunshine Coast If you’re looking for a sunny and safe spot to go for a swim, the Sunshine Coast has plenty of options within a short drive of Maroochydore. Noosa Main Beach, among the most popular stretches of sand, is popular with families, while Mooloolaba Beach is one of the most accessible options. Kings Beach in Caloundra is ideal for visitors looking for a quieter spot to swim.
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in North Island