Hatoma Island (Hatoma Jima)
The tiny island of Hatoma is barely a kilometer wide and home to just 50 residents. But with three full-service hotels, long stretches of white sandy beach, crystal blue waters and classic tropical island views, Hatoma is a gem of a destination for travelers looking to escape.
Visitors can relax into the cool shade of Hatoma’s towering palm trees, snorkel in the shallow clear waters or explore the picturesque island on foot. Giant banyan trees in the northern part of the island and a tiny lighthouse are among the most popular attractions.
Travelers should be aware that with only a handful of outdoor lights, Hatoma can be difficult to navigate in the dark. Those hoping to catch one of Hatoma’s spectacular sunsets should be sure to carry a flashlight.
Hatoma Island is directly north of Iriomote Island. It is accessible via ferry from Heisei-maru or ariyushi. Boats leave three times weekly. Visitors staying at Iriomote can also utilize boat service from Densa Restaurant or Sanwa Fishing.
- Things to do in Naha
- Things to do in Eastern China
- Things to do in Southern China
- Things to do in Guangxi
- Things to do in Nanchang
- Things to do in Huangshan
- Things to do in Nanjing
- Things to do in Hangzhou
- Things to do in Zhangjiajie
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam
- Things to do in Southwest China
- Things to do in Northern China
- Things to do in Northwest China
- Things to do in Nagasaki Prefecture
- Things to do in Fukuoka Prefecture