Skip the Line at the Palace of Versailles
Louis XIV's extravagant Palace of Versailles, where French nobility lived lavishly until France's revolution, is one of the most popular sites in the country—meaning lines can be long. Here are a few ways to avoid waiting with a skip-the-line tour.
Guided Skip-the-Line Tours
Visiting the Palace of Versailles on a guided skip-the-line tour allows you to get more out of your visit with insider commentary about the palace's long history, ornate design, and interesting cast of former residents. For something extra special, opt for a Viator VIP tour that includes access to rooms not usually open to the public.
Skip-the-Line Tours with an Audio Guide
If you prefer to explore the palace on your own but still want to learn about the various rooms as you go, from the Hall of Mirrors to the Royal Chapel, opt for a tour that includes an audio guide. You'll get narration and time to visit the gardens, just without the group experience.
Skip-the-Line Tours with Additional Versailles Experiences
Enhance your visit to Versailles by booking a tour that includes lunch on the Grand Canal or time to explore Marie Antoinette's replica French village and Petit Trianon. Another popular add-on during certain months of the year is entry to the palace's fountain night show, when you can admire the gardens illuminated after dark.
4 Tours and Activities
- Purchase admission tickets, such as Skip the Line: Versailles Chateau and Gardens, in advance online —this is the easiest way to skip ticket lines, allowing visitors to arrive ready for entry.
- Book guided tours, such as Skip the Line Versailles Classic Guided Tour, which tend to skip both ticket and admission lines.
- Visit on a private tour like VIP: Palace of Versailles Tour with Private Viewing of the Royal Quarters. Private tours are usually more expensive but give extra privileges, including bypassing both ticket and admission lines —sometimes taking visitors through secondary entrances.
- Bateaux Seine River Cruises in Paris
- Skip the Line at the Notre Dame Cathedral
- How to Experience French Culture in Paris
- Cheese and Wine Tastings in Paris
- Versailles and Giverny Tours from Paris
- Where to Find Impressionist Art in Paris
- Eiffel Tower and Moulin Rouge Combo Tours
- Skip the Line at the Palace of Versailles