Things to Do in Paris This Summer
Summer is when Paris’ gardens come into full bloom, and when the city is at its most festive. Visit earlier in the season to see Paris at its most vibrant, or explore during the tranquil month of August, when Parisians head to the coast and leave a peaceful city in their wake. Here’s how to make the most of your warm-weather visit.
- Enjoy a walking tour of one of Paris’ major parks, such as the Jardin du Luxembourg or the Champ de Mars.
- Venture up to Sacré-Coeur in Montmartre to see the sun set over the city.
- Secure a coveted seat on the sun-drenched upper deck during a hop-on-hop-off-bus tour.
- Go for a bike ride along the Seine to admire the riverbanks—which together make up a UNESCO World Heritage Site—and enjoy the refreshing breezes.
- Take a cue from Monet and venture to the artist’s flower-filled gardens in Giverny.
- Escape to an elegant château : Versailles, Fontainebleau, and the castles of the Loire are all within day-trip distance.
- When the thermostat soars, cool down—and enjoy a dose of culture—at the Louvre or Musée d’Orsay.
- Dress to impress and go window shopping on the Champs-Élysées.
- Follow the locals to the hip Canal Saint-Martin, and relax in one of the cafés or wine bars along its banks.
- Ascend to the summit of the Eiffel Tower for extraordinary city panoramas.
9 Tours and Activities
- Bateaux Seine River Cruises in Paris
- Skip the Line at the Notre Dame Cathedral
- How to Experience French Culture in Paris
- Cheese and Wine Tastings in Paris
- Versailles and Giverny Tours from Paris
- Where to Find Impressionist Art in Paris
- Eiffel Tower and Moulin Rouge Combo Tours
- Things to Do in Paris This Summer