Pattaya Floating Market
Since opening in 2008, the Pattaya Floating Market has quickly become one of Pattaya’s most popular attractions—and it offers more than just shopping and dining. Thrill seekers will find a zipline and floating water ball, while travelers interested in Thai culture can watch afternoon shows and demos of traditional Thai dancing and not-so-traditional sea boxing. Book your admission ticket in advance to skip the entry line.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Pattaya Floating Market is a must for shopping enthusiasts, foodies, and first-time visitors to Pattaya.
If you plan to shop, carry some Thai baht in small denominations.
How to Get There
The easiest way to get to the Pattaya Floating Market is by taxi or tour transport. Alternatively, take a white songthaew heading southbound on Sukhumvit highway.
When to Get There
The market is typically open daily. Go in the afternoon if you want to see the cultural performances.
What to Eat at the Pattaya Floating Market
The food is a highlight of any visit to the floating market, and while just about everything is tasty, some dishes stand out from the rest. Keep an eye out for kanom jeen (rice vermicelli), kanom krok (coconut pancake), and thong yip (sweet egg yolk). Those with less adventurous appetites can’t go wrong with pad thai (stir-fried rice noodles) or a creamy Thai curry.
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand
- Things to do in Bangkok
- Things to do in Hua Hin
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Koh Tao
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Nongnooch Garden Pattaya (Nong Nooch Tropical Garden)
- Pattaya Teddy Bear Museum
- Mini Siam
- Pattaya Beach
- Ripley's Believe it or Not! Pattaya
- Sanctuary of Truth (Prasat Sut Ja-Tum)
- Underwater World Pattaya
- Pattaya Water Park at Pattaya Park Beach Resort
- Frost Magical Ice of Siam
- Alangkarn Show Pattaya
- Pattaya Dolphin World
- Coral Island (Koh Larn)
- Upside Down Pattaya