Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion (Blue Mansion)
Explore the opulent Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion during one of the daily 45-minute tours. Several culture and history tours of Penang also stop at the mansion. For a truly immersive experience, stay overnight in one of the lavish rooms themed around Chinese dynasties. Or just enjoy a gourmet meal or classic cocktail in the house’s restaurant or bar.
Recent reviews from experiences in Penang
Things to Know Before You Go
Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion is a must-see for first-time visitors to Penang.
Book tours, overnight stays, and restaurant tables in advance via the Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion website.
The mansion’s ground floor, where rooms have direct pool access, is accessible to wheelchairs.
How to Get There
Easily reached on foot, Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion is located on Lebuh Leith in the heart of George Town, Penang’s UNESCO-listed historic center. Alternatively, cover more ground in less time on a tour that includes round-trip transport.
When to Get There
The mansion is occasionally closed for private functions, and opening times can be erratic. Check the website before visiting.
Heritage Houses of Penang
Scattered throughout George Town, many heritage houses have been converted to guesthouses or restaurants. Regardless, the structures have generally retained their charm and are full of the character that comes with tiled floors, wooden shutters, and colorful facades. A walking tour is a leisurely way to focus on Penang’s finer details and appreciate architecture that you may otherwise have missed.
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Asia Camera Museum Penang
- Penang State Museum and Art Gallery
- Penang Tunnel Museum (Penang Time Tunnel)
- Little India
- Upside Down Museum
- Penang Armenian Street (Lebuh Armenian)
- George Town (Penang Georgetown)
- Pinang Peranakan Mansion
- Khoo Kongsi (Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi Clan House & Museum)
- Wonderfood Museum Penang
- Penang House of Music
- Fort Cornwallis
- Made in Penang Interactive Museum
- Chayamangkalaram Buddhist Temple (Wat Chayamangkalaram)