Independence Seaport Museum
This celebration of Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley’s roles in early American maritime trade was originally called the Philadelphia Maritime Museum, built around the extensive personal collection of J. Welles Henderson, a local lawyer and enthusiast of seafaring memorabilia who died in 2007.
Renovated extensively in the mid-1990s and now set in a large, modern space on historic Penn’s Landing, the Independence Seaport Museum houses several exhibition spaces, a wide array of model ships, historical documents, navigation devices and shipbuilding tools, and a comprehensive maritime library. The museum is affiliated with two National Historic Landmark crafts, both docked nearby on the Delaware River: the Olympia, the late 19th-century flagship of U.S. Navy Admiral George Dewey, and a World War II submarine called Becuna.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Independence Seaport Museum hours of operation?
Should I book Independence Seaport Museum tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Independence Seaport Museum 2020?
What's the best way to experience Independence Seaport Museum?
- Go Philadelphia All-Inclusive Pass with Hop On Hop Off Tour
- Go Philadelphia Explorer Pass
- Hop-on Hop-off and Philly By Night Tour Combo
- Independence Seaport Museum Admission
Things to do near Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in Amboseli National Park
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Delphi
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Baltimore
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in New Haven
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in New Jersey
- Things to do in Maryland