New Hall Military Museum
The New Hall Military Museum is a recreation of the home where Secretary of War Henry Knox operated in the early days of the Revolutionary War, and the origin point of America’s Army and Navy. Today the small building—Knox shared it with the Carpenters Company—houses exhibits about the founding of the United States Marine Corps and about the history of the Army and Navy, starting with the American Revolution until the late 18th century. The original building was built in 1791, but it was torn down and rebuilt in the 1950s as part of the Independence National Historical Park renovations.
Browse. Filter. Book
What are New Hall Military Museum hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience New Hall Military Museum?
- The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia
- Historic Tour of Philadelphia in English or German
- 1776 History and Cheesesteak Tour
Things to do near Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in Amboseli National Park
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Delphi
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Baltimore
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in New Haven
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in New Jersey
- Things to do in Maryland