Sesame Place Philadelphia Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
The country’s only amusement park dedicated to Sesame Street, Sesame Place is one of the Philadelphia area’s top family-friendly attractions. Located in Langhorne, Penn.—roughly 20 miles (33 kilometers) northeast of Center City—its offerings including water rides, meet-and-greets with popular characters such as Elmo, and more.
Based on the timeless, generations-spanning children’s TV show Sesame Street, Sesame Place offers visitors a mix of thrilling theme park rides, educational activities, and chances to mingle with favorite characters from the show, from Big Bird and Cookie Monster to Bert & Ernie and The Count. Ride dozens of rides, from carousels to roller coasters, and visit the seasonal water park to experience water slides, wave pools, and other water attractions. Purchase tickets online for savings.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Sesame Place is the world’s first amusement park to be designed a Certified Autism Center.
- Book 1- and 2-day tickets online for discounted fees; a range of season passes and promotional packages, which include skip-the-line access, can be booked online.
- Groups of 15 and over can receive 60 percent off admission costs.
- Various upgrades are available to book online, from reserved parade spots and skip-the-line entry to character meet-and-greets and more.
- The park is accessible to wheelchair users.
- A number of restaurants and character dining experiences are hosted on site.
How to Get There
Sesame Place is located northeast of Philadelphia in Langhorne, Penn. If using public transit, take the Trenton or West Trenton lines from Center City, and transfer to the 127 or 129 buses. Sesame Place can also be reached by car via I-95 North; paid parking is offered on site, and can be booked in advance.
When to Get There
Sesame Place’s hours vary month to month. In summer, the park is typically open from midmorning to late evening. In winter, the park has more limited hours and is typically closed on weekdays; its water rides are closed in winter. Be sure to research opening hours in advance of your visit.
Events and Shows at Sesame Place
Sesame Place hosts a number of popular annual festivities, including a July 4th Fest, a Halloween Spooktacular in October, and a Very Furry Christmas in December. Other regular entertainment options include Elmo the Musical, a Neighborhood Street Party Parade, and more.
Address: 100 Sesame Place, Langhorne 19047-1868, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Sesame Place Philadelphia
No results found!
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Ottawa
- Things to do in New Jersey
- Things to do in New York