One of the most popular spots for visitors to Philadelphia is bohemian South Street on the southern edge of downtown Philly. The stretch of South Street from Front to Seventh Streets is known for its eclectic scene and lively nightlife, where the crowds comprise a diverse mix of people, from punk rockers to local business people. South Street is loaded with great bars and restaurants, but most first timers make a beeline to Jim’s Steaks South Street for an award-winning Philly cheesesteak sandwich. During the day, you can visit the nearby Mummers Museum to learn about Philadelphia’s history of Mummers—costumed citizens who dress up to parade around the city on New Year’s Day. And after the sun goes down, hit local spots like Legendary Dobbs or Bob and Barbara’s for drinks and live music.
Tours and tickets to Experience South Street
Should I book South Street tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit South Street 2021?
What's the best way to experience South Street?
- Philadelphia Segway Tour
- Philadelphia Cheesesteak Tour by Segway
- Underground Donut Tour: Philadelphia's First Donut Tour
- Lonely Planet Experiences: South Philly Markets, Mosaics, Magic Small Group Tour
Things to do near Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in Amboseli National Park
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Baltimore
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in New Haven
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in New Jersey
- Things to do in Maryland