Top Philadelphia Walking Tours
67 results | All Philadelphia Tours
* A traveler said: "Our guide was Melissa. So personable, fun and knowledgeable! Great overview of the city’s/country’s history. Do this your first day, then go back and see exhibits you were interested in. Approximately 1 1/2 hours. And she will take pictures of you/yours."
* A traveler said: "Our guide did a fantastic job of sharing our nation’s history, along with Philadelphia’s rich history. As much as we theater buffs enjoy Hamilton, Miranda left Philly out. So, here is a shout out to the City of Brotherly Love."
* A traveler said: "Great tour. Lots of historical sites visited and great history provided by tour guide. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "Neal, our tour guide, was excellent!! Knowledgeable, well-spoken, excited about what he was telling us!"
* A traveler said: "The food choices were terrific and our Tour Guide, “Adam”, was great. He provided a wealth of historical information while engaging with all group members making sure we enjoyed the tour."
* A traveler said: "Sara was a fun and creative host on our journey through Philly’s extensive history. Learning about the support ladies of our founding fathers and how quakers suck was also fun"
* A traveler said: "Our local guide, Chuck, gave a terrific tour of the 9th Street Italin Market in Philly. He lives there so he knew alot about the places and explained well."
* A traveler said: "Our storyteller was so much fun and so knowledgeable! Walking through the historical streets was really a great experience at night!"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide was amazing! I believe his name was Viv. He was so knowledgeable and a natural storyteller. This was the cheapest tour I could find and worth every penny!"
* A traveler said: "These type of excursions are only as good as the tour guide and driver. Both were excellent! The guide was knowledgeable, funny and helpful. The driver was amazing getting in and out of Philly traffic and narrow streets. Definitely recommend this tour"
* A traveler said: "The food choices were absolutely delicious! Especially the cheese selections (I strongly recommend buying yourself a glass of wine when you get to this location, and also taking advantage of the shopping downstairs!) other standouts were the Mediterranean food samplings, the cheese curds, and the desserts. Steve, our outstanding tour guide, was informative and friendly all throughout the tour. we learned a lot about cheese and also architecture and history in Philadelphia. The store is probably not for people who are looking to try cheese steaks! My only suggestion would be to exit Reading Terminal Market Via the main street rather than the tunnel, due to some unappetizing aromas outside."
* A traveler said: "We were able to see places we would not likely have seen exploring on our own and certainly not have known the details shared by our guide Billy. Highly recommend as a way to orient yourself to Philly."
* A traveler said: "The stroll through the peaceful streets lined with mosaic-covered walls was a unique experience. Our guide Shelley provided a relaxed and informative tour. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "Great tour with some great history sprinkled in. I would definitely look to do another tour with this group next time in Philly!"
* A traveler said: "Accompanied visiting family to Philadelphia on the tour, and completely loved it. I learned a lot about the city I live in, and the many untold stories of our women's history. We had a toddler on the tour with us, and Joey was patient with our group and her needs. Loved the experience!"
* A traveler said: "Very knowledgeable guide and good choices of location. He was very polite and answered all questions"
* A traveler said: "Rebecca is definitely one of my favourite tour guides ever. I love that her and her business partner have created a tour that is outside the box. By that I mean that yes you get the general history of Philly and William Penn BUT...she takes it to another level and focuses on people who have made a significant contribution but are often overlooked - women, people of colour, Native Americans and even I will admit that I knew very little about the contribution that LGBTQ people have made. On the day in question it was just Rebecca and myself but she gave 100% and I came away feeling like I had really learnt something but more importantly as a woman of colour I felt that our struggles, challenges and our strengths were really recognised and I'm grateful that she is one of the few who has taken the time to acknowledge that. I do tours like this in lots of places and even in the south, tours are very "men heavy". Outside of that, Rebecca was chill and we found we had a lot in common about how much we love to travel - as the only person on the tour we found we ended up talking about our personal lives as well as covering things that we are supposed to on the tour which made for a better experience. Due to my limited time in Philly, I missed out on the Badass women tour but I'm planning a trip back to Philly and I will definitely be booking that tour. I like to support the small business and I hope that tours like these continues to grow - book this tour!!!!!!! Thanks Rebecca"
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour and would recommend for anyone interested in the actual history of the Philadelphia and the US. Mijuel did a wonderful job to providing the African American perspective to the creation of this country."
* A traveler said: "I went on the Taste of the Italian Market Food Tour with my mother in law who was visiting. We had a great time! The guide, Chef Jacquie, was very knowledgeable. We enjoyed the cheeses a lot and tried a very interesting balsamic vinegar made from pears. Would recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Great tour that starts at the Visitors Center at Market Street. Good blend of history and fun . Stopped at Infusions,Bootleggers and Sassafras Bar. Adam was entertaining and informative. Enjoyed it as did our group of 6. Our overall group was 12 people."
* A traveler said: "Tour guide was great. He looked like Q from the show Impractical Jokers. Great attitude and energy. Fun to listen to, Cool dude."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- How to Get Around
- Bus Tours
- Car Tours
- Public Transportation Tours
- Self-guided Tours & Rentals
- Walking Tours
- Water Tours
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- One Liberty Observation Deck
- Mütter Museum
- United States Mint
- University of Pennsylvania
- Washington Square Park
- Philadelphia Logan Circle
- Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul
- Drexel University
- Society Hill
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA)
- Penn Museum
- South Street
- Independence Seaport Museum
- African American Museum in Philadelphia
- St. Peter’s Episcopal Church
- Dolley Todd House
- Benjamin Franklin’s Grave
- Institute of Contemporary Art at the University of Pennsylvania
- Betsy Ross House
- National Museum of American Jewish History (NMAJH)
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Montreal
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Massachusetts