Black Light Theatre Srnec
Throughout its 50+ year history, Black Light Theatre Srnec has performed in 78 countries around the world. But if you’re in Prague, don’t miss the chance to see the artists on their own turf, in Savarin Palace. The show is family-friendly and filled with acrobatics, objects that float through the air, and other visual wizardry. The theater has only 95 seats, so book your tickets in advance, ideally online.
Things to Know Before You Go
Black Light Theatre Srnec is a must-see for those interested in Czech culture.
The building is accessible to wheelchairs.
Performances last around 90 minutes with an intermission.
Seating isn’t assigned.
There’s a bar in the auditorium.
How to Get There
The Black Light Theatre Srnec is located in Savarin Palace in New Town, in the center of Prague. The nearest metro stations are Narodni Trida and Muzeum, both about a 10-minute walk away. If plugging directions into your phone, be sure to look for Black Light Theatre Srnec, as there are several newer black light theaters in Prague.
When to Get There
Black Light Theatre Srnec typically gives one or two performances every evening. Arrive at least 10 minutes before the show’s starting time to choose your seats. The box office is open daily.
No Czech Required
One of the pitfalls of visiting a country where you don’t understand the language is missing out on cultural attractions such as the theater. You won’t have that problem here, as the Black Light Theatre Srnec show is entirely nonverbal. The core elements are music, dance, and mime, so you don't need to understand Czech to enjoy the performance.
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Nuremberg
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- New Town (Nové Mesto)
- Mucha Museum
- Estates Theatre (Stavovske Divadlo)
- Henry's Tower (Jindrisská Vez)
- WOW Black Light Theater
- Museum of Senses Prague
- Prague Wax Museum of Legends by Grévin (Musee Grévin)
- Church of Our Lady of the Snows (Kostel Panny Marie Snezne)
- Powder Tower (Prasná Brána)
- Wenceslas Square (Václavské Námesti)
- Prague State Opera (Státní Opera)
- Municipal House (Obecní Dum)
- Prague City Gallery (GHMP)
- Prague Astronomical Clock (Prague Orloj)
- Prague Old Town Square (Staromestské Námestí)