La Aurora Cigar Factory
Since it opened its doors in 1903, La Aurora has been known as the original cigar factory of Dominican Republic. What began as a modest family business now stretches across 70 countries and travelers who want to experience the age-old tradition of cigar making can learn the tricks of the trade on a tour of this iconic factory.
The 45-minute guided experience showcases the best of the La Aurora brand. Visitors will gain insight into the origins of this Dominican Republic staple, meet the men and women who roll cigars by hand, and gain a deeper understanding of the craftsmanship and attention that goes in to creating one of the nation’s top exports. There’s even time to explore the factory shop and purchase hand and machine-made cigars to take home.
La Aurora Cigar Factory is located at Avenue Tamboril-Santiago in Parque Industrial Tamoril in Santiago De Los Caballeros. It is open on weekdays from 8 am until 5 pm and closed on weekends. Travelers coming from Bayahibe can take a taxi to the factory for about US$25. Gray Line bus tours are available from Punta Cana.
- Ocean World Adventure Park
- La Isabela
- Sosua Beach (Playa Sosua)
- Dorada Beach (Playa Dorada)
- Mt. Isabel de Torres
- Brugal Rum Center
- Key Paradise
- Monument of Santiago (Monumento a los Héroes de la Restauración)
- Damajagua Falls (27 Charcos)
- Amber Museum (Museo Del Ámbar)
- Fort San Felipe (Fortaleza San Felipe)
- Encuentro Beach (Playa Encuentro)
- Yaque del Norte River
- Amber Cove
- Baiguate Waterfall (Salto de Baiguate)