Things to Do in Punjab
The Attari-Wagah border is a crossing between India and Pakistan that is known for its Beating Retreat ceremony, which is held each evening as the border closes. Visit at the end of the day to see the guards from both sides march in elaborate military costumes and face-off across the border in front of packed crowds.
Harmandir Sahib, popularly known as the Golden Temple, is among the most sacred of Sikh gurdwaras. It’s surrounded by a large complex with a marble walkway and a pool, known as the amrit sarovar, which holds holy water. As at all Sikh temples, everyone is welcome here, regardless of their background or religion.
Jallianwala Bagh is a public garden in the northern city of Amritsar. It’s best known as the site of the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre in 1919 at the hands of the British Indian Army, which claimed the lives of hundreds of innocent civilians celebrating the religious festival of Baisakhi.
- Things to do in Amritsar
- Things to do in Jammu and Kashmir
- Things to do in Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand
- Things to do in Rajasthan
- Things to do in Leh
- Things to do in Srinagar
- Things to do in Haridwar
- Things to do in Rishikesh
- Things to do in New Delhi
- Things to do in Uttar Pradesh
- Things to do in Madhya Pradesh
- Things to do in Gujarat
- Things to do in Xinjiang
- Things to do in Maharashtra
- Things to do in West Bengal