Things to Do in Rainbow Beach
Fraser Island is both the largest sand island in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Sitting off of the Sunshine Coast, it stretches over 123km (76mi) long, and every inch is a haven of sandy beaches and stunning cliff faces.
Home to the famous dingo, Fraser Island is also host to over 300 different species of bird as well as wallabies, possums, dugongs, flying foxes, and turtles. Nature lovers will enjoy the unique wildlife composition that the island offers as well as the gorgeous climate.
While you're visiting, be sure to visit Lake Mackenzie, the "crown jewel" of Fraser Island. The crystalline blue waters and shimming white sands make it one of the most popular tourist destinations.
For a taste of history, check out the Maheno Shipwreck, which occurred in 1935. Just north of the beautiful freshwater Eli Creek, learn about the true strength of the sea on this incredible passenger steamer.
Things to do near Rainbow Beach
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Choc
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Brunswick Heads
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Newcastle
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia