Pass through the vast bronze doors and stand under the center of the dome, where light (and sometimes rain) shines down into the open interior, before learning about the building’s history and architectural design with a local guide on a small-group or private guided tour.
Many other tour options, lasting three to four hours, combine a visit to the Pantheon with skip-the-line entry to the Colosseum or other popular Roman highlights such as the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, and the Roman Forum. You can also admire the Pantheon from the steps of the obelisk in Piazza della Rotonda.
Recent reviews from experiences in Rome
Things to Know Before You Go
Wear comfy shoes, as walking tours are among the most popular ways to see this site.
Book a bus tour or a take a cool walking night tour around the illuminated fountains and buildings to avoid the worst of Rome's heat.
Bring your appetite on a food tour of Rome’s historical center that passes the Pantheon.
As the Pantheon is an active religious building, flash photography and loud conversations are discouraged.
The Pantheon is free to visit and open every day.
How To Get There
The Pantheon is located in the center of Rome, a short walk from the Tiber River, the main shopping street of Via del Corso, and many other attractions. It’s possible to walk to the site or catch a bus or tram which stops at Largo di Torre Argentina. Alternatively, visit on a guided walking tour.
When to Get There
The Pantheon is open and popular with visitors every day. To see the building buzz with energy, attend weekend public mass, held Saturdays at 5pm and Sundays at 10:30am. Though the interior is not open at night, seeing the illuminated ancient architecture after dark is worth a visit in itself.
Things to do Nearby
The Pantheon is one of Rome’s top attractions, but there’s plenty more to see and do nearby. Don't miss the stunning Gothic interior of the Santa Maria Sopra Minerva church, just one block behind the Pantheon; then, continue on to the Spanish Steps on the Piazza de Spagna or head to the Trevi Fountain to make a wish.
- Things to do in Lake Bracciano
- Things to do in Lake Bolsena
- Things to do in Assisi
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Capri
- Things to do in Pompeii
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lazio
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Piazza della Rotonda
- Basilica di Santa Maria Sopra Minerva
- Church of Saint Louis of the French (Chiesa di San Luigi dei Francesi)
- Madama Palace (Palazzo Madama)
- Montecitorio Palace (Palazzo Montecitorio)
- Church of Saint Ignatius of Loyola (Chiesa di Sant'Ignazio di Loyola)
- Gladiator Museum
- Largo di Torre Argentina
- Piazza Navona
- Fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana delle Quattro Fiumi)
- Oratorio di San Francesco Saverio del Caravita
- Church of the Gesù (Chiesa del Gesù)
- Church of Sant'Agnese in Agone (Chiesa di Sant'Agnese in Agone)
- Basilica di Sant'Agostino
- Column of Marcus Aurelius (Colonna di Marco Aurelio)