San Francisco International Airport (SFO) Tours
Read MoreShow Less
One of three main airports in the San Francisco Bay Area (the others being in Oakland and San Jose), San Francisco International Airport, or SFO, welcomes visitors on all major U.S. airlines and many international airlines.
SFO is located just 13 miles (22 kilometers) south of downtown San Francisco, but with the Bay Area's seemingly never-ending traffic, those 13 miles can feel like much more, so it's best to book an airport transfer to eliminate the hassle of driving yourself. Shared transfers by van offer pickup at most hotels in the city, while a private transfer by sedan or SUV provides a more luxurious and flexible experience.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The airport includes three domestic terminals and one international terminal; note that Alaska and JetBlue fly out of the international terminal regardless of the destination.
- Terminal 1 houses Delta, Frontier, and Southwest airlines.
- Terminal 2 is home to American and Virgin America airlines.
- Terminal 3 is home to United Airlines.
- The international terminal is home to Air Canada, Air China, Air France, Qantas, and about 40 more airlines.
- All rental cars can be picked up at the Rental Car Center, which can be reached by SFO's 24-hour AirTrain.
How to Get There
SFO can be reached via airport transfer or Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). It's possible to travel between the airport and San Francisco or Oakland on this train line. Ride-sharing vehicles are also allowed to operate at the airport at specific locations.
Terminal 2 was renovated and re-opened in 2011 with a modern design, artwork, a yoga room, and food venues that offer healthier and more locally focused fare than typical airport restaurants. Most of the terminals feature an XpresSpa and SFO Museum exhibits to relax and entertain you while you await your flight.
Address: San Francisco, California 94128, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
No results found!
Things to do near San Francisco
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Oakland
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Lake Tahoe
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon