Located beside San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf, The Cannery is a historic building that (as you might have guessed) was once home to the California Fruit Company (later Del Monte) fruit and vegetable canning plant. In fact, while it was open it was the largest peach canning facility in the world.
It was utilized as such until 1937, and upon renovation in 1960 it reopened as collection of shops and restaurants. The beautiful red brick exterior surrounds a courtyard where trains once ran into the cannery. Its courtyard still has the same century-old olive trees which line the outdoor space for sidewalk cafes and, during the summer, street performers and musicians.
Unique shops located at The Cannery include a build-a-bear toy shop, art and sculpture galleries, and an international musical instrument shop. There is also a small wine tasting room, artisan bakery, and the classic Jack’s Cannery Bar. The shopping center overlooks San Francisco Bay.
Browse. Filter. Book
What are The Cannery hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience The Cannery?
- Alcatraz Ticket + Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour
- Make the Most of SF in One Day: Small Group Walking Tour
- Golden Gate Bay Cruise + Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour
- Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour
Things to do near San Francisco
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Oakland
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Lake Tahoe
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon