Blue Hole National Park Tours and Activities
Belize’s Blue Hole National Park (officially St Herman’s Blue Hole National Park) sits near the capital city of Belmopan and is home to two cave systems (Crystal and St. Herman’s), along with nature trails and the jungle pool that gives rise to the park’s official name.
The caves are the main attractions in the park, with the cave and hole connected by an underground stream. The Blue Hole pool was formed by an underground limestone cave that collapsed, creating the sapphire blue pool at the bottom of the cenote. Visitors also typically visit Crystal Cave, also called Mountain Cow Cave, which can be seen on a guided tours through the Mayan underworld known as Xibalba.
The park has a series of small trails, many of which are good for birding, as the forest canopy is low-lying. Birds spotted in the region include jacamars, blue-crowned motmots, scarlet-rumped tanager, nightingale wren and the long-tailed hermit hummingbird.
Tours and Activities to Experience Blue Hole National Park
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Costa Maya
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in León
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Western Highlands