Macal River Tours and Activities
Running through the beautiful Chiquibul Rainforest, the Macal River is one of the most diverse ecological areas in Belize. Being home to more than a dozen endangered species included the jaguar, the tapir, the scarlet macaw, and the black howler monkey, the Macal River Valley is heaven to any nature lover.
Some sites along the river worth visiting include Cahal Pech, an ancient Mayan city, the Belize Botanic Gardens, the Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary, and the city of San Ignacio.
Experience this stunning environment rich in flora and fauna while paddling your way through the beautiful Belizean jungle. If you're in Belize in March, be sure to catch the annual La Ruta Maya Canoe Race, a four day race originating on the Macal out of San Ignacio.
Tours and Activities to Experience Macal River
No results found.How about something else?See all San Ignacio tours
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in Flores
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Quetzaltenango
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Petén
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands