Top San Jose Hiking Tours
45 results | All San Jose Tours
* A traveler said: "Gabo was great! Very knowledgeable and friendly, and even took the time out of his evening to escort another couple to an extra location after the end of the official tour."
* A traveler said: "A short drive from San Jose in a beautiful air conditioned van. The rescue center was very nice and the guide was passionate and knowledgeable. It’s a little pricey, but a great tour"
* A traveler said: "A very nice tour. Our guide was friendly, and on time. It is really nice up there on the volcano. The airport drop off was also very convenient."
* A traveler said: "Alex the tour guide was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to be around! Fantastic tour! The food was declicious too!"
* A traveler said: "Wow, we loved this tour. Our guide, Ivannia, was wonderful. She was very knowledgeable and friendly. The tour was much more comprehensive than we expected it to be, as we got to see some of the main buildings in downtown San Jose as well as going through Central Market and sampling some of the food and drinks. I highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide was great. Very nice and friendly. He even helped my husband get a cab home. It was a great night out"
* A traveler said: "Riders atv company was absolutely amazing! Super nice and helpful. Enrique was the best tour guid and definitely made the tour a lot more exciting. I’ve been atv in different places of the world and I have to say by far this was the best experience I’ve ever had"
* A traveler said: "The tour operator went out of his way to accommodate my personal timings and likings for this 3 day trip in Costa Rica. Nice hotel stay, excellent food, guide speaking English about the sub-cultures of the country, all in all an enriching experience for me. Strongly recommend this."
* A traveler said: "The guide was super experienced and funny. The trip was such a nice adventure in many different ways. The nature was beautiful and the animals were fascinating to watch. Of course the river rafting itself was very exciting and fun."
* A traveler said: "I’m so glad we did this tour!! It was a last minute decision but boy was it amazing! Our guide Angel was so knowledgeable! He took us to beautiful landmarks and we ate a great deal of local fruits, snacks and drinks. He was a total delight! I would highly recommend anyone book this tour. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Thank you, Angel!!"
* A traveler said: "This was an amazing experience as we encountered the very first real rain forest we've ever been too. The ride and staff were very helpful and friendly ensuring we had a comfortable trip."
* A traveler said: "Our host Fernando moss was exceptional ! He was very knowledgeable and friendly he treated us very well and made accommodations for myself and my friends. This tour was way more than we expected and highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "First time zip lining and I must say Alejandro, Ricardo, and Dani made it an unforgettable one. It was great from beginning to end. They made you feel comfortable and had lots of patience. Definitely would recommend them to anyone coming to Costa Rica."
* A traveler said: "Great tour. Enjoyed the monkeys, coffee tour and food. The hanging bridges was exciting. Our tour guide, Juan was a great driver and company."
* A traveler said: "This was a great tour, the tourguide Donald was great and explained all that would happen throughout the trip and gave great information. We had great weather and it was really interesting to see the greenish lake inside the volcano. Nice tour for half a day. Worth it!"
* A traveler said: "Juan José (our driver) and Jordan (our guide) are INCREDIBLE PEOPLE. We had an amazing time with them and they were the best we had during our stay in Costa Rica! THANK YOU BOTH! ☆☆☆☆☆ This tour is amazing, full of wonderful experiences and memories for a lifetime! Nature and adventure, great food and a relaxing time at the Tabacon hot springs. A quick tip for the company regarding the time spent at Tabacon: please make sure that the 3 hours are fully respected, as it is a very important part of this trip. We had only about 2 hours and 15 min to enjoy the springs and we would have loved to get the whole 3 hour experience! All in all, a 5☆ tour. Thank you Juan José and Jordan, thank you A y E Travel!"
* A traveler said: "This tour guide was great! we really enjoyed our time with George, he is full of knowledge and paid great attention to anything going on around you. The hiking portion is tiring! so be sure to eat before and be prepared for both the humid heat with a light raincoat for possible rain. The hanging bridges portion is great also as the views are like no other place."
* A traveler said: "Luis from Greenway Tours was nothing short of exceptional! He arrived on time with snacks/waters on board & confirmed our tour plans via WhatsApp the day before. Super knowledgeable about the area, giving us different historical info about many areas of Costa Rica that only a local would know. Weather was near perfect with GREAT views of the Volcano from the bridges and Bladi Hot Springs was just what we needed after hiking through the jungle. The buffet lunch had fruit & pasta options so veggies have food options. If possible, bring your own towel; rental is $10USD for a Towel but they return it once you bring the towel back. I normally take small group tours for the pricing, but if you are a couple or have a small group, take this tour and ask for Luis. Be prepared for 6hrs of travel (3hrs each way) but I wasn't even bothered by the drive because Luis was so informative. Great job, Greenway Tours and Viator!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Costa Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense)
- Gold Museum
- Yellow House (Casa Amarilla)
- Jade Museum (Museo del Jade)
- Rescate Animal Zooave
- Orosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi)
- Metallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)
- Turu Ba Ri Tropical Park
- Children's Museum (Museo de los Ninos)
- National Museum (Museo Nacional)
- Morazan Park
- Chirripó National Park
- La Sabana Park
- Plaza de la Cultura
- National Theater (Teatro Nacional)
- Things to do in Central Valley
- Things to do in Quepos
- Things to do in Jaco
- Things to do in Puntarenas
- Things to do in La Fortuna de San Carlos
- Things to do in Monteverde
- Things to do in Limon
- Things to do in Sámara
- Things to do in Panama City
- Things to do in San Blas Islands
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
Day Trips from San Jose
- San Jose to Costa Rica
- San Jose to La Fortuna
- San Jose to Arenal Volcano National Park
- San Jose to Poas Volcano National Park
- San Jose to Jaco
- San Jose to Puntarenas
- San Jose to Quepos
- San Jose to Limon
- San Jose to Tabacon Hot Springs
- San Jose to Carara National Park (Parque Nacional Carara)
- San Jose to Baldi Hot Springs
- San Jose to Celeste River (Río Celeste)
- San Jose to Jaco Beach
- San Jose to Tortuguero National Park (Parque Nacional Tortuguero)
- San Jose to Monteverde
- San Jose to Tortuguero
- San Jose to Alajuela