Pukara de Quitor
The Pukara de Quitor National Monumentlies about 3 km (1.8 mi) northwest of San Pedro de Atacama. It is usually visited as part of a multi-destination day trip, but you can walk or bicycle from town.
The popular tourist destination also caters to travelers with treks to several other top destinations, including Moon Valley, Atacama Salt Lake, Licancabur Volcano, El Tatio geysers, and many others.
San Pedro's small airport has regular flights to Santiago and elsewhere in the region, while buses connect the town toCalama, Antofagasta, San Salvador de Jujuy (Argentina), and Uyuni (Bolivia). Many multiple-day tours offer transport between Uyuni as well. You can rent cars in town.
- Rainbow Valley (Valle del Arcoiris)
- El Tatio Geysers
- Church of San Pedro de Atacama
- Institute of Archaeological Research and R. P. G. Le Page Museum (Instituto de Investigacio
- Tulor Village
- Atacama Desert
- Moon Valley (Valle de la Luna)
- Tebenquiche Lagoon
- Puritama Hot Springs (Termas Baños de Puritama)
- Ojos del Salar
- Los Flamencos National Reserve (Reserva Nacional Los Flamencos)
- Cejar Lagoon (Laguna Cejar)
- Atacama Salt Flats (Salar de Atacama)
- Chaxa Lagoon (Laguna Chaxa)