Lake Coatepeque Tours and Activities
A startling blue pool nestled beneath the peaks of the Cerro Verde, Izalco and Santa Ana volcanoes and fringed by sloping sugar and coffee plantations, Lake Coatepeque is among El Salvador’s most enchanting natural attractions, located on the cusp of the Cerro Verde National Park. At almost 6 km in length, this is the country’s largest lake, formed in the crater of an ancient volcano more than 50,000 years ago and nurturing a colorful population of catfish, guapote and zebra fish.
A tranquil holiday destination for both locals and travelers, the most popular activities at Lake Coatepeque are swimming and water sports, with sailing, kayaking, waterskiing and scuba diving all possible. Additional highlights include the hot springs dotted around the water’s edge and the island of Teopan, once an important place of Mayan worship.
Tours and Activities to Experience Lake Coatepeque
Frequently Asked Questions
- Santa Ana Volcano Hiking Tour + Coatepeque Lake Sightseeing
- The Maya Tour El Salvador: Joya de Ceren , Tazumal & Coatepeque Lake.
- Santa Ana Volcano Hiking Tour and Coatepeque Lake visit
- El Salvador Santa Ana Volcano Hike
- Things to do in San Luis Talpa
- Things to do in Puerto Quetzal
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Quetzaltenango
- Things to do in Flores
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Pacific Highlands
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Western Highlands