When Pub Street is blocked to car traffic at night, it quickly fills with a strolling throng. The colorful scene attracts food vendors, artists, and performers, and it’s worth a visit just to soak up the party atmosphere. Restaurants and bars on Pub Street range from tourist-focused eateries with American and European menu items to “Cambodian barbecue” that you cook in a personal cauldron of broth.
Things to know before you go
- Since the Night Market is just next door, combine the two destinations for a fun evening on the town.
- While Pub Street is considered safe, pickpockets make it important to keep your eye on any valuables.
- The popular hot spot draws plenty of scammers, too; instead of giving money to beggars on Pub Street, consider donations to local NGOs.
How to get there
Officially called Street 8, Pub Street runs for just a few blocks between 2 Thnou Street and Sivutha Boulevard, close to both the Old Market (Phsar Chas) and the Night Market. It’s walkable from many centrally located accommodations, but there are plenty of transport options from farther afield, including tuk-tuks and taxis. Since crowds of tuk-tuk drivers gather at the end of the street, finding return transport is easy.
When to get there
While you could visit Pub Street for a drink or a meal during daylight hours, the real experience is at night. Come around dinner time for a more laid-back time, or make a late night visit to witness Siem Reap’s party hub. While plenty of travelers turn in early to rest up for morning temple tours, nightclubs stay busy until the early hours.
Best Bars on Pub Street in Siem Reap
With plenty of bars to choose from, you could walk in nearly any door on Pub Street and find throbbing music and Angkor on draft. A few Siem Reap classics, however, have well-earned reputations among travelers. Miss Wong boasts design inspired by historic Shanghai, while Barcode, just off Pub Street, is a popular option for LGBTQ travelers.
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Krong Kaeb
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Bangkok
- Things to do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Things to do in Can Tho
- Things to do in Hua Hin
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Mekong Delta