Malay Heritage Centre
Not just for history and culture buffs, the Malay Heritage Centre is a must-visit attraction for anyone interested in learning about the rich heritage of Singapore’s Malay community. Set in a grand former royal palace, you’ll see galleries focused on the history of Kampong Gelam, along with an interesting collection of artefacts from the National Collection and the wider Malay community.
Built 160 years ago, the former Istana Kampong Glam was once the royal seat of the Malay sultans in Singapore. Beautifully restored to its former glory, the Malay Heritage Centre sits within well-preserved grounds that can be explored as part of a Kampong Glam and Sultan Mosque walking tour.
Browse. Filter. Book
What are Malay Heritage Centre hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Malay Heritage Centre?
- Singapore Private Food and Culture Tour in Chinatown
- Half Day or Full Day Private Custom Walking Tour of Singapore
- Private Singapore City Highlights Tour By Car - Half Day or Full Day
- The Sultans of Spice Walking Tour
Things to do near Singapore
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Pulau Ubin
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Thailand
- Things to do in Johor Bahru
- Things to do in Melaka
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Tanah Rata
- Things to do in Johor
- Things to do in Pahang
- Things to do in Perak
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast