Built across the mouth of Singapore’s Marina Channel, the Marina Barrage serves as both a dam that helps alleviate flooding and supplies 10 percent of the nation's water, and a popular leisure and recreation destination for locals and visitors to enjoy.
The most popular spot at the Marina Barrage is the elevated section of grass that looks out across the city and is ideal for picnics, sunset vistas, and photo opportunities. The Solar Park features one of the largest collections of solar panels in Singapore, with more than 400 panels providing the barrage’s electricity at night. Those interested in green issues will enjoy the Sustainable Singapore Gallery, which features six rooms exploring different aspects of the city’s environmental infrastructure using multimedia displays and interactive exhibits.
Those with a particular interest in Singapore’s eco-friendly culture should join a sustainable Singapore guided tour, which combines a visit to Marina Barrage with the NEWater Plant, Singapore River, and Supertree Grove at Gardens by the Bay. For a unique perspective of the barrage, join a kayak tour to Singapore Flyer, Gardens by the Bay, and Marina Bay Sands.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Marina Barrage hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Marina Barrage?
- Private Singapore City Highlights Tour By Car - Half Day or Full Day
- O-Ride Singapore Marina Bay Sands Mini Segway Tour
- Private Customised Shore Excursion in Singapore By Car
- 1 Day Hopper Pass - Unlimited Hop On Hop Off Sightseeing
Things to do near Singapore
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Pulau Ubin
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Thailand
- Things to do in Johor Bahru
- Things to do in Melaka
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Tanah Rata
- Things to do in Johor
- Things to do in Pahang
- Things to do in Perak
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast