Top Skaftafell Outdoor Activities
33 results | All Skaftafell Tours
* A traveler said: "The guides were very helpful with getting the equipment on us and going over safety guidelines. The guide Sam was an amazing and knowledgeable person and did a magnificent job explaining things to us about the glacier and was also very helpful and patient with the group! Doing a glacier walk almost seems mandatory if you're visiting Iceland!"
* A traveler said: "Awesome hike onto the glacier and into the ice cave. Ryan, from Omaha, was a terrific guide. Also a great photographer for the group. He was very knowledgeable about the history of the glacier and the ice cave formations. And he is very friendly and overall it was a great experience. Definitely a must if you’re traveling to Iceland."
* A traveler said: "The glacier was incredible and the small group size was nice. The guide Franziska was super knowledgeable and patient. Had a great experience"
* A traveler said: "Very well organised and with enough time to enjoy the ice but not getting worried or tired. You can experience the ice in front of the big crevasses. It was just nice and cool."
* A traveler said: "Great hike, the guide was really knowledgeable and we got to experience the different terrains. It was a highlight of our trip for sure. Two issues though, with Viator, not the local tour company: first, not sure this should be rated as easy, as it can be quite challenging at times; second, the time was wrong, this started at 1030, not 930."
* A traveler said: "Boris was a great guide. Explained everything asked in full detailed. It was a great experience overall"
* A traveler said: "Our guide was just wonderful. Her spirit was contagious and it was obvious how experienced she was. Couldn't have asked for a better experience, would highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "We took the 1/2 day Vatnajokull Glacier Small Group Tour from Skaftafell. What an amazing experience. The owner-guide was organized, friendly, knowledgeable and entertaining. It really was one of the highlights of our 2 weeks in Iceland. DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS EXPERIENCE! Joanna and Michael-Philadelphia, PA-USA"
* A traveler said: "Our guide , Barbara, show us a wonderfall face of à glacier . We walk on the ice during more than two hours and this expérience was fantastic. We discover also how a glacier can be dangerous and brittle in the same time."
* A traveler said: "Highly highly recommended. It is/was everything and more I expected. Ask for Aaron from the UK to be your tour guide!!!"
* A traveler said: "We had an amazing experience climbing the glacier with our two guides. They spend more time than expected to be sure that we saw everything, they were really careful and professionnal. We also hat the opportunity to listen to some nice Icelandic stories and environmental facts. We highly recommend this tour. It was the highlight of our 10 days trip!"
* A traveler said: "was really amazing. but if you just want to enjoy with not too much walk. you should not. but anyway highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "We had an AMAZING time. The hike was beautiful. Our guide was fantastic. She helped make sure that we were comfortable with the gear. She also gave a great mixture of Icelandic history and facts about glaciers. We want to come back and do more experiences with their company."
* A traveler said: "Fun excursion of kayaking up a glacial river and in a lagoon amongst the icebergs and then hiking up a glacier. We had the place to ourselves. The views all along the way were amazing. The guides were knowledgeable and kept us safe."
* A traveler said: "Fantastic experience! Best thing I done visiting Iceland! We’re very friendly and I felt very comfortable and safe"