Top Sofia Walking Tours
- Take a walking tour of the city center and see Sofia’s standout religious structures, such as the gold-domed Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Saint Sofia (Sveta Sofia) Church, Banya Bashi Mosque, and the Sofia Synagogue.
- Stroll along the pedestrianized shopping streets of Pirotska Street and Vitosha Boulevard, stopping for a drink on a café terrace.
- Gain valuable insights into Sofia culture, history, and traditions from a local guide.
- Learn about Bulgarian cooking traditions during a food-focused walking tour of the city.
108 results | All Sofia Tours
* A traveler said: "The tour guide was very informative. I really enjoyed the whole tour and experience. I discovered some places that I otherwise might have missed and I am really happy that I joined this tour. I would definitely recommend."
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide Vasil was great, knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. He explained everything to us and took us around the city and its highlights. We enjoyed our walking tour so much and loved Sofia! Thank you Vasil. We highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "We had a fantastic time on this tour. We were lucky that day we had to see a local wedding party at the same time we were there. Our guide Chimmy was wonderful host. She took us around the places we haven't seen earlier in Sofia. She was wonderful guide. We would definitely recommend the tour."
* A traveler said: "I purchased the transport option. Martin, the driver and guide from Traventuria, was above all a good driver. He was very entertaining throughout the ride, sharing insights about Sofia as well as interesting places along the way."
* A traveler said: "Very good trip, the Bulgarian guide was very nice, Skopje is very beautiful and the Macedonian guide told us a lot of interesting things."
* A traveler said: "To take the trip to the rila monastery and the Rila lakes was the best decission we made during our visit of Sofia. My girlfriend and I had an amazing experience exploring the beautiful nature of Bulgaria. Our guide/driver Stoyan made the trip even more memorable with his enthusiasm and knowledge about the place and Bulgarian history. He was really helpfull and ready to answer all our questions, we would really recommend him as a guide! Bulgaria had a lot more to offer than I expected. I would really recommend this trip!"
* A traveler said: "Amazing. Maria is a wonderful guide. Highly recommend. In general we are very satisfied with Viator tours."
* A traveler said: "Good value for money. Worth visiting as a day trip from Sofia. Good English-speaking guide. Old town of Plovdiv was the highlight for me."
* A traveler said: "It was fantastic! Everything was perfect and I would recommend it to everyone. You won't regret it!!"
* A traveler said: "Great guide, everything was perfect, we had a wonderful day trip, visiting 2 UNESCO sites. Definitely worth it!"
* A traveler said: "3 super guides, it all started where and when specified. We visited 5 super bars - which I don't think you could find on any tourist info site and were given interesting facts about them. Had beer, wine or shots at all and then (Sat. night) were taken to a great night club as well. Very enjoyable night. Thank you."
* A traveler said: "Our guide was extremely informative and knowledgeable about the history of Serbia and Bulgaria. He answered our questions to call patient manner. We were extremely happy with the whole day."
* A traveler said: "The guide was incredibly well informed and thorough!!! Had a great tour of the National Museum and of the city."
* A traveler said: "A very nice day trip, especially if weather is nice and clear! Highly recommend this tour. Although self-guided, it was very easy to manage on our own."
* A traveler said: "Our guide, Lubo, really made this trip great. He gave great insight into Bulgarian life and was full of knowledge about the city of Plovdiv. I highly recommend doing this tour out of Sofia to see a different side of the country and Traventuria as a company generally."
* A traveler said: "Great day tour from Sofia. Professional on-time driver. I would recommend this tour (self-guided option). Hike with beautiful views that is very moderate."
* A traveler said: "Amazing tour! So informative and interesting. Hristo was great, super knowledgeable and accommodating to our needs (me being partially handicap with a walking disability) and our interests, cultural, social and historic."
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour. It would really be improved if we had time to enter the main sights and not see everything from outside"
* A traveler said: "This tour was great! My husband and I loved it! Kathy was a great, energetic tour guide who interacted with her guests and answered every question no matter how silly. We got to learn a lot about Bulgarian history and culture and try tasty things! Thanks!"
* A traveler said: "Really nice experience hiking in this impressive area. Our guide did a great job of adjusting to everyone's different needs and fitness levels. He had a great attitude and disposition the entire time and was super helpful. If you can make it all the way to the top point...the view is stunning! Highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "A very great tour, but an even greater guide! The experience was amazing and we enjoyed it quite a lot. :-)"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Air Tours
- Bus Tours
- Cable Car Tours
- Car Tours
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Rail Tours
- Specialty Plane Tours
- Trolley Tours
- Walking Tours
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Tsari Mali Grad
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral
- Bulgarian National Museum of Military History
- Amphitheater of Serdica
- Sofia Church of St. George (St. George Rotunda)
- Museum of Socialist Art
- St. Sofia Church
- Sofia National Gallery (Kvadrat 500)
- Ivan Vazov National Theatre
- Monument to the Soviet Army
- Vrana Palace (Park-Museum Vrana)
- Sofia National Archaeological Museum
- Tsarska Bistritsa
- Vitosha Boulevard (Vitoshka)
- Sofia Synagogue
- Boyana Waterfall
- Central Sofia Market Hall (Halite)
- Things to do in Skopje
- Things to do in Pristina
- Things to do in Veliko Tarnovo
- Things to do in Thessaloniki
- Things to do in Ohrid
- Things to do in Bucharest
- Things to do in Brasov
- Things to do in Dubrovnik
- Things to do in Istanbul
- Things to do in Athens
- Things to do in Split
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Macedonia
- Things to do in Wallachia
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast