Port of Southampton Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
The Port of Southampton is the number-one cruise port in the UK, welcoming some of the largest cruise ships in the world, including those owned by Cunard, P&O, and Royal Caribbean. The port also runs passenger ferries to the Isle of Wight and across the channel to France.
With so many cruises starting and ending in Southampton, pre-cruise and post-cruise shore excursions to London—75 miles (121 kilometers) northeast—are a popular choice, stopping at attractions, such as Windsor Castle, Salisbury, or Stonehenge, along the way. Private transfers between London Heathrow Airport or Central London, and the Port of Southampton take around two hours.
Alternatively, the center of Southampton has a few attractions, including the remains of its medieval city wall, and a large selection of shops and shopping malls.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Shore excursions typically include port pickup and drop-off.
- There are four cruise terminals in Southampton, so be sure that you know which terminal your ship arrives and departs from.
- There are no shuttle buses between terminals and Southampton, so choose a tour with pickup included or plan to take a taxi.
How to Get to Southampton from the Port of Southampton
Southampton has four cruise terminals—Mayflower, City, Queen Elizabeth II (QE2), and Ocean—all located around 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) from Southampton Central Railway Station and Southampton coach station, and around 5 miles (8 kilometers) from Southampton Airport. Despite being within walking distance, the motorways and busy dockyards mean that it is best to take a taxi. Taxi ranks are located outside each terminal.
The local language is English, and the currency is the British pound (or “quid” in local slang). Other currencies are not typically accepted, although credit cards can be used almost everywhere, including many taxis.
Address: Ocean Gate Atlantic Way, Southampton SO14 3QN, England
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Port of Southampton
No results found!
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Bristol
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in East of England