Housed in a gorgeous former hotel built in 1887 in the Spanish Renaissance style, the exterior of the Lightner Museum is reason enough to visit. The real treats though are the various antiquities located on the inside of this three story museum.
The first floor houses a Victorian village, with shop fronts offering Victorian era wares. Take a look at the Victorian Science and Industry Room and its eclectic array of artifacts including model steam engines, stuffed birds, a small Egyptian mummy, and a shrunken head. The second floor contains samples of cut glass, Victorian art glass and stained glass work. The third floor, housed in the ball room's upper balcony, exhibits paintings, sculpture, and furniture from the time period. Overall, the museum's careful attention to details and rustic recreation of the time period make it a fun place to visit.
Tours and tickets to Experience Lightner Museum
What are Lightner Museum hours of operation?
Should I book Lightner Museum tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Lightner Museum 2021?
What's the best way to experience Lightner Museum?
- St. Augustine Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
- Private Nights Of Lights Tour- City Gates Departure
- 90-Minute "Conquistatour of Saint Augustine" Guided Historical Walking Tour
- Discover St Augustine: Attractions Pass with Hop-On Hop-Off
Things to do near St Augustine
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Jacksonville
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in South Carolina