Housed in a converted 18th-century Cotton Mill on the banks of the River Teith, the Deanston Distillery boasts a scenic location for whisky tasting and thanks to its close proximity to Stirling Castle, it’s fast become a popular destination for whisky enthusiasts. Established in 1966, the distillery has earned a reputation for its use of hydro-energy and lays claim to the title of Scotland’s only self-sufficient distillery, with electricity generated on-site.
Visitors can enjoy a range of tours at the Deanston Distillery, learning about the history of the distillery; taking a peek at the copper stills, maturation warehouse and open mash tun; or strolling the 18th-century ‘workers’ village located nearby. All tours include the chance to taste Deanston’s renowned single malt Scotch whisky, but there are also opportunities to indulge in an expert-led whisky or whisky and chocolate tastings in the Deanston Tasting Room.
Browse. Filter. Book
What are Deanston Distillery hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Deanston Distillery?
- Stirling Private City Tour
- The Big Whisky Tasting Tour - Private Whisky Day Trip
- 1-day Private Tour with Rob Roy, Wallace and Jamie Fraser
- Stirling And Loch Lomond Private Premium Day Tour With Chauffeur
Things to do near Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Aberdeen
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Londonderry
- Things to do in Blackpool
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in North East England