Cockle Bay Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Located on the south side of Darling Harbor, Cockle Bay is home to Cockle Bay Wharf, a popular waterfront entertainment complex full of lively cafés, restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. Experience Sydney’s iconic harbor while enjoying stunning views, whimsical sculptures, and alfresco fine dining and entertainment.
Find a wide range of cuisines at Cockle Bay, from fresh seafood to Asian, European, and modern Australian dishes, sure to satisfy every taste and budget. Enjoy happy hour drinks with a view, live music, and state-of-the-art party and clubbing venues. Cockle Bay is also close to a number of popular family-friendly attractions, including Sea Life Aquarium, Wild Life Zoo, and Madame Tussaud’s.
A number of Sydney sightseeing tours feature a stop at Cockle Bay, along with other highlights such as Manly Beach. Visit on a hop-on hop-off bus or boat tour to see top Sydney sites at your leisure. For the best value, book the Sydney Attractions Pass, good at a number of top attractions for 30 days.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Cockle Bay is a family-friendly destination.
- Wear comfortable shoes; Cockle Bay is best experienced on foot.
- Visit during the day and at night for the full experience.
- Wheelchairs can access Cockle Bay Wharf from the Promenade, Pyrmont Bridge, and Darling Park Car Park.
How to Get There
Cockle Bay is located on the CBD side of Darling Harbor and is accessible by many modes of public transit. Take the bus to QVB and then walk down Market Street, or take the train to Town Hall Station and walk down Druitt Street. Via light rail, head to Pyrmont Bay and then walk across Pyrmont Bridge. To arrive by ferry, get off at Sydney Aquarium and walk south.
When to Get There
Cockle Bay can be visited day and night. For some of the best views, visit around sunset, then stay until the lights turn on around the bay and throughout the city for stunning nighttime views. A festive time to visit is during the Lunar New Year festival, when the annual dragon boat race is held here.
Where to Get the Best Views of Cockle Bay
The views from Cockle Bay are spectacular. To get the best views of Cockle Bay, however, walk across the historic Pyrmont Bridge, which offers wonderful views looking towards Cockle Bay and all its attractions.
Address: 201 Sussex Street, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Cockle Bay
No results found!
Things to do near Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania