Often nicknamed “Paddo” by locals, Paddington is a suburb of Sydney that features a nice mix of culture, history and shopping opportunities. Known for its colonial architecture and beautiful
balconied buildings, Paddo has long been a local favorite. And although the population of this district is quite meager, at just over 11,000 people, it packs a massive punch when it comes
In general, one could divide Paddington into four even more distinct districts. Five Ways is a bit of a village within a village and home to some of the best foodie spots in the Sydney area. Paddington Markets, as the name points at, is a massive flea market that takes place at the Uniting Church grounds. William Street is the art designer's district in which some of Sydney's top up-and-coming designers have their shops, and all of it is tied into Oxford Street, which runs the entire length of Paddington and is lined with shops, boutiques, cafes and eateries.
Of course, there's more to Paddington than just the shops. The district is also home to the Sydney Cricket Grounds, Sydney Football Stadium, Victoria Barracks and a number of other worthy sights.
Paddington Tours and Activities
Should I book Paddington tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Paddington 2021?
What's the best way to experience Paddington?
- Big Bus Sydney and Bondi Hop-on Hop-off Tour
- Morning or Afternoon Highlights Tour in Sydney with a Local Guide
- Luxury Sydney City Private Tour
- Private Tour: Half-Day Iconic Sydney
Things to do near Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania