Queen Victoria Building (QVB) Tours and Activities
Sumptuously decorated and timelessly elegant, central Sydney’s Queen Victoria Building is an unforgettable shopping destination. Built in High Victorian Romanesque style in 1898, and now meticulously restored, it stands on the site of the original Sydney markets.
The QVB's soaring central dome boasts translucent stained-glass clad in copper on the outside, and the shopping area takes up several balconied floors linked by grand staircases. Tiled floors, pillars, colonnades, balustrades, and arches. Chiming clocks and interesting historical displays complete the QVB’s flamboyant decor.
Originally the shops included tailors and florists; today there’s a wide range of specialist stores, from stationers to couturiers, cafes and coffee shops.
Tours and Activities to Experience Queen Victoria Building (QVB)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Story of Sydney Tour
- Degustation & paired wine dinner at Botanic House by Luke Nguyen
- Sydney Walking Tour — Secrets of Sydney
- Discover Sydney - Botanic
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia