West Head Lookout
Just on the outskirts of the city, the West Head Lookout offers panoramic views of Sydney, which many consider the best of the area. The bright, blue waters of the bay, headlands with lighthouses, the Lion Island Nature Reserve, Hawkesbury River, and beaches of the central coast are all visible from this point. Facing directly out from the lookout, one can see Broken Bay on the left and Pittwater on the right. Sandstone signs lead the way, benches allow for rest and relaxation, and an Aboriginal Heritage Walk allows for some insight into the origins of the area. The calm McCarrs Creek flows directly next to the lookout, or walk down to the West Head Beach to enjoy a small stretch of golden sand. In winter and spring, you may even catch a glimpse of some local wildflowers in bloom.
Tours and tickets to Experience West Head Lookout
What are West Head Lookout hours of operation?
Should I book West Head Lookout tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit West Head Lookout 2021?
What's the best way to experience West Head Lookout?
- Sydney Harbour, Northern beaches and National Park
- 3 Day Pittwater Escape
- Small-Group Sydney's Northern Beaches and Ku-ring-gai National Park Bus Tour
- Best of the Hawkesbury - 3 day River Adventure
Things to do near Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania