Seeing an Opera at the Sydney Opera House
Read MoreShow Less
With its iconic façade and location at the heart of Sydney Harbour, there’s no missing the Sydney Opera House. It's a highlight of city tours and cruises, but to fully experience the venue, book a night at the opera. Here's what you need to know.
- Experience the birthplace of Australian Opera with a performance by Opera Australia or the Sydney Symphony Orchestra.
- Enjoy performances of classic operas by Mozart, Rossini, Bizet, and more.
- Make a night of it with a pre-show dinner at a nearby restaurant or a guided backstage tour of the opera house.
- For an extra special experience, attend the New Year's Opera Gala—one of the most sought-after tickets of the year.
Things to Know
- The main opera season runs from April to December, but performances take place all year round.
- Sydney Opera House is located on Bennelong Point overlooking Sydney Harbour.
- It's about a 5- to 10-minute walk to the Sydney Opera House from Circular Quay (a shuttle bus is also available).
- Matinee and evening performances are held most days, and there are four seating options to choose from.
- Bags larger than a handbag must be checked into the cloakroom.
- All theaters at the Sydney Opera House are wheelchair accessible.
No results found!
0 Tours and Activities | All Sydney Tours