Fuji Five Lakes (Fujigoko)
The Fuji Five Lakes (Fujigoko) are a group of lakes situated at the northern base of the majestic Mount Fuji, around 100 kilometers west of Tokyo. These lakes are Lake Motosu, Lake Shoji, Lake Sai, Lake Kawaguchi, and Lake Yamanaka. Along with its incredible scenery, the area offers ample opportunities for hiking, camping, and fishing. It also features hot springs, museums, and even one of Japan's largest and most popular amusement parks, Fuji-Q Highland.
Lake Kawaguchi is easily accessed and offers a wealth of things for visitors to see and do. It’s also a great starting point for climbing Mount Fuji for those inclined to do so, and also popular with Tokyo locals escaping the heat and pace of the city, particularly during the summer. The largest lake is Yamanaka, while perhaps the most picturesque is the horseshoe-shaped Shōji. Elsewhere, Sai and Motosu are great spots to set up camp and enjoy water-based activities such as boating and fishing.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What's the best way to experience Fuji Five Lakes (Fujigoko)?
- Day Trip To Kawaguchi-Ko, Fuji’s Neighbor
- Private Tour: Chartered Car to Mt. Fuji Lake Kawaguchiko or Hakone and Lake Ashi
- Private Mt Fuji and the Gotemba Outlet in One Day from Tokyo
- Mt. Fuji Area Full-Day Private Trip (Tokyo DEP.) with Nationally-Licensed Guide
Things to do near Tokyo
- Things to do in Kanto
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Yokohama
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Chiba
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Hakone
- Things to do in Kyoto
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Sapporo
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Tokyo Prefecture
- Things to do in Saitama Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Chiba Prefecture