Located on the former site of the Ministry of Defense in Roppongi, Tokyo Midtown opened in 2007 as a multi-use entertainment district complete with apartments, office space, restaurants, shops, museums and park space. Tokyo Midtown comprises six different towers. The luxurious Ritz Carlton Tokyo occupies the top floors of Midtown Tower, while the Galleria building houses a four-floor shopping complex and the Suntory Museum of Art. The complex is also notably home to 21_21 Design Sight, a design gallery and workshop space created by architect Tadao Ando and designer Issey Miyake.
Tokyo Midtown also features two green spaces. Hinokicho Park, a former Edo-era private garden, is now a Japanese-style garden open to the public. Neighboring Midtown Garden is a popular picnicking spot, especially in late March and early April when its cherry blossoms are in bloom.
What's the best way to experience Tokyo Midtown?
- Geisha Experience at Chaya in Tokyo
- Ebisu Local Food Tour: Shibuya's Most Popular Neighborhood
- Cultural Private Geisha Transformation with Certified Tokyo Geisha
- The prettiest winter illumination in Tokyo, Japan!
Things to do near Tokyo
- Things to do in Kanto
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Yokohama
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Chiba
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Hakone
- Things to do in Kyoto
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Sapporo
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Tokyo Prefecture
- Things to do in Saitama Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Chiba Prefecture