Creswick Woollen Mills Tours and Activities
There was once a time when wool-spinning mills were prevalent throughout Australia, and sheep were clustered in rural paddocks stretching far out into the hills. Today, however, the wool spinning industry is in rapid decline, which is all the more reason that Creswick Woollen Mills is an important Victoria highlight. The mill, in fact, is the lone remaining mill of its kind found anywhere in Australia, and alpacas provide the fiber for scarves, sweaters, socks, and shawls. When visiting the mill, tour the exhibit “A Very Fine Yarn,” which allows you to follow the wool making process from growth through harvest and production, and is one of the only places in Australia to watch manufacturing as it happens.
You can see the alpacas from the viewing deck and feel their luxurious wool, and even have the chance to feed the alpacas as they eat right out of your hand.
Tours and Activities to Experience Creswick Woollen Mills
Frequently Asked Questions
- Melbourne City Card (2 Days): Visit Unlimited Attractions!
- Melbourne City Card (3 Days): Visit Unlimited Attractions!
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Burnie
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Port Arthur
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in Northern Territory
- Things to do in North Island