Mozart had multiple residences in Vienna, but only one survived to the present day. The Mozarthaus Vienna at Domgasse 5 served as the composer’s home from 1784 to 1787, during the height of his musical success. Within his first-floor apartment, Mozart penned some of his most iconic works, like the opera The Marriage of Figaro.
Audio-guided tours of the house begin on the building’s top floor, where exhibits explain the lifestyle and prominent figures of society life in eighteenth century Vienna. Heading down a floor, visitors are immersed in all things music; a highlight is a holographic performance of a portion of The Magic Flute. On the ground floor, visitors enter Mozart’s bedroom, furnished with pieces from the time to give a sense of what his living quarters might have looked like.
Tours and tickets to Experience Mozarthaus Vienna
What are Mozarthaus Vienna hours of operation?
Should I book Mozarthaus Vienna tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Mozarthaus Vienna 2021?
What's the best way to experience Mozarthaus Vienna?
- Vienna Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Ticket
- Skip the Line: Mozarthaus Vienna Admission Ticket
- Vienna Secrets Walking Tour to Backyards and Mysterious Locations
- Vienna Highlights Private Tour for Kids and Families including Mozart House
Things to do near Vienna
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Graz
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Budapest
- Things to do in Hallstatt
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Zagreb
- Things to do in Pilsen
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Bohemia