Time Travel Vienna
This entertaining overview of Vienna’s culture and history is one of the most popular family-friendly shows in the city, so be sure to book your ticket in advance to avoid disappointment. Time Travel Vienna runs a number of times a day so you can choose a show time that suits your schedule and learn about the city’s Roman origins as Vindobona, its medieval struggle with the plague, musical greats like Strauss and Mozart, the days of the Habsburg emperors, and the WWII bombing raids—all in less than an hour.
Recent reviews from experiences in Vienna
Things to know before you go
- With exciting special effects and animatronics, Time Travel Vienna is an ideal way to introduce young travelers to Vienna’s history.
- The show is not accessible to wheelchair users because of about 50 steps inside the historic monastery where it is located.
- Visitors are not allowed to take photos or video during the show, except at the Sisi & Franz photopoint.
- The effects during the 5D cinema and air raid simulation portion of the show may be upsetting for very young children.
How to get there
Time Travel Vienna is located at Habsburgergasse 10A, near the U3 and U1 Stephansplatz station and the U3 Herrengasse station. Bus 2A also stops at nearby Habsburgergasse. Discounted parking is available in the Wipark garage, located at Freyung 4.
When to get there
The show runs every 20 minutes every day of the year, and is particularly crowded on the weekends and during school holidays. The indoor venue offers a break from hot or wet weather, although the crowded midday shows should be avoided.
Highlights Near Time Travel Vienna
Time Travel Vienna is located less than a 10-minute walk from the Hofburg Imperial Palace, where you can take in the Sisi Museum, Imperial Apartments, Spanish Riding School, and Imperial Treasury. St. Stephen's Cathedral, the National Library, and Albertina are also all a short walk away.
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Graz
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Budapest
- Things to do in Hallstatt
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Zagreb
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Historic Center of Vienna
- St. Michael’s Church (Michaelerkirche)
- St. Peter's Church
- Jewish Museum
- Vienna Museum of Illusions (Museum der Illusionen)
- Spanish Riding School (Spanische Hofreitschule)
- Hofburg Imperial Palace (Hofburg Wien)
- Sisi Museum
- Imperial Treasury of Vienna (Kaiserliche Schatzkammer)
- Vienna Boys Choir (Wiener Sängerknaben)
- St. Stephen's Cathedral (Stephansdom)
- Vienna Theatermuseum
- Bank Austria Kunstforum
- Sala Terrena at the House of the Teutonic Order (Deutschordenshaus)