Top Vik Ice Climbing
Saved to wishlist!
6 results | All Vik Tours
Secure your spot in advance, and see the Sólheimajökull Glacier from a different perspective on this guided kayak tour. After dressing in the included dry suit, learn the basics of kayaking before paddling out behind your guide into the lagoon. Observe the glacier landscape as you glide around the icebergs anchored in the lagoon.
This is the perfect way to explore Iceland’s incredible scenery without being stuck on a crowded bus. Get out in the open air and ride an Icelandic horse from the stables in Vik to a picturesque black sand beach. No need to worry if you’ve never ridden a horse before—this experience is suitable for beginners and goes at a slow and calm pace.
While many tours in Iceland make pit stops at glaciers—the country is, after all, full of them—fewer take you over them and close enough to discover their interesting features. With this tour, take an easy glacier hike to see ice formations, crevasses, and water cauldrons that you’d miss just stopping for a look. Your climbing crampons are provided, and the guided hike is offered 2-3 times a day so it’s easier to fit into your schedule.
If you go to Iceland you have to try out ice climbing on a glacier. We try to find three different areas climb on. We start with an easy ice wall to teach you basic skills to ice climb. After that we try to make each climb little bit harder or longer. You don’t have to know anything about climbing or be super fit to do this tour, this is a introduction tour so you don’t have to be afraid to try this out. Our guides will also show you the wonders of the glacier, such as crevasses and moulins. This is perfect tour to see the glacier and try out some ice climbing with a local guide.
Spend a half day hiking around southern Iceland's Sólheimajökull glacier with a small group on this tour. Follow your hiking guide over the rugged terrain and learn about the glacial formation as you walk. All necessary equipment included.
Take an unforgettable walk on pure ice on this guided glacier hike experience on Sólheimajökull in south Iceland. Accompanied by a professional guide, set off from the foot of Sólheimajökull, a frozen tongue of solid ice, and thrill at the experience of walking across the frozen valley. Put on your crampons and discover natural ice formations, crevasses, shafts and ridges as you learn about the formation and history of this frozen wonderland.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Ice Climbing in Vik?
The best Ice Climbing in Vik according to Viator travelers are:
What Ice Climbing in Vik are taking additional safety precautions?
These Vik experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Ice Climbing in Vik are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Vik may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in South Iceland
- Things to do in Skaftafell
- Things to do in Reykjavik
- Things to do in East Iceland
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in West Midlands
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Things to do in North East England
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets