Lush green streets and idyllic Victorian houses are just part of what lends the Georgetown neighborhood of D.C. its classic east coast charm. And while there’s plenty to see in this trendy part of town, it’s the well-known Georgetown University that’s the real star of the show.
Founded in 1789, Georgetown University is the oldest Catholic and Jesuit institution in America. This elite college of higher learning is home to the famous Hoyas, as well as some of the best examples of Romanesque revival style architecture on the East Coast. Approximately 7,000 undergraduates and 10,000 post-graduate students attend Georgetown University, and notable alumni include former president Bill Clinton. The school has four distinct university campuses, which include the Law Center, the undergraduate campus, the Medical Center, and the School of Continuing Studies, located in Chinatown.
Georgetown University Tours and Activities
Should I book Georgetown University tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Georgetown University 2021?
What's the best way to experience Georgetown University?
- Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour of Washington DC: Monuments, Landmarks and Memorials
- Day or Night Private DC Sightseeing Tour
- Washington DC Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour and Attractions Pass
- Washington DC Super Saver: Hop-on Hop-off Trolley + Monuments by Moonlight Tour
Things to do near Washington DC
- Things to do in Amboseli National Park
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New Jersey
- Things to do in New York