John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
Situated between the Potomac River and major city roadways is one of the nation’s foremost centers for performing arts, a cultural and entertainment hub for the city of Washington D.C. With more than 2,000 performances annually, it is the busiest performing arts center in the United States. World-class live theater, classical music, ballet, jazz and opera shows all take place at the venue. Three main theaters including a concert hall and opera house ensure a variety of shows offered. Free performances are held on the Millennium Stage in the Grand Foyer daily.
Outside of the performances and stages, the center also has a Hall of Nations and Hall of States to explore, with collections of American and international flags. Also see the many paintings and sculptures gifted to the center from other nations throughout. The building also has great views of the Potomac River and the Georgetown area from its windows and rooftop terraces.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What's the best way to experience John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts ?
- Washington DC Day Tour with Transportation
- Half-Day Grand Tour of Washington DC
- Dynamite Day Tour: Small-Group DC Bus Tour
- Washington DC Private Tour with Spanish or Portuguese Option
Things to do near Washington DC
- Things to do in Baltimore
- Things to do in Amboseli National Park
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Delphi
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Myrtle Beach
- Things to do in Maryland
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New Jersey