Top York Historical Tours
50 results | All York Tours
* A traveler said: "Really interesting lots of facts but great fun and mad Alice brought it all to life. Definitely worth it"
* A traveler said: "Mackenzie was a great host. Very entertaining and informative. We thoroughly enjoyed the ghost walk and would recommend it"
* A traveler said: "A fun outing with the slightly unhinged conductor who kept us all amused. Good special effects too. We never did find out where Margaret’s body was."
* A traveler said: "Great way to see the city and the main attractions. Buses are very regular so very little waiting around at stops. Buses with 'real life' guides are great as get lots of information and great interactive experience. Great value as tickets are valid for 24 hrs so can use over 2 days If desired. Very much enjoyed our journeys."
* A traveler said: "Relaxing on the river in the brilliant sunshine listening to the narrator inform about the history of Harrogate"
* A traveler said: "It was a very informative adventure add a really great time doing it and you got to see York in more ways that you could imagine"
* A traveler said: "Great trip, well worth the money. The guy working was excellent, explained everything quickly and clearly. Out and out great thing to do in York!"
* A traveler said: "Enthusiastic and knowledgeable tour guide(Alfred) who wrapped together the history of York nicely. I feel I now understand Yorks story better, and it’s quite a story."
* A traveler said: "Very easy and interesting route to follow/ highly recommended!! We followed over two days and split in half- very easy to jump in and out."
* A traveler said: "The staff on board were friendly and attentive. The sandwiches and cakes were delicious. Captain Kris was informative and knowledgable throughout the tour. He went above and beyond, welcoming all tourists personally when boarding the cruise. He took time to ask and check in with each and every person. A very relaxing and enjoyable outing!"
* A traveler said: "2 adults, a 16 year old and a 10 year old and we all had a great time. Cecil and Claire very knowledgeable and great hosts."
* A traveler said: "Dorian’s knowledge was extensive and the stories brilliantly told. Highlights were all the things that went wrong - broken suitcase, exploding torch and weird tourist trying to sneak through a tiny gap between Dorian and the wall - and his reaction- fabulous!"
* A traveler said: "Great trip, Lee the driver very informative would recommend to go on this trip, fantastic scenery beautiful little villages,"
* A traveler said: "Dave was extraordinarily knowledgeable and I really appreciated the detail he provided. He painted some wonderful historical scenes and did his best to make it an immersive experience."
* A traveler said: "Breathtaking views! Our second trip with BOBH and another fantastic day out. Mark our guide was very knowledgable, plenty of stops for photos in picturesque places! Amazing value for money"
* A traveler said: "Sarah our tour guide was very gd friendly+full of knowledge taking us to parts of town we hadn't been before."
* A traveler said: "Excellent trip and customer service. Ideal for solo travellers as well. Had a great time, enjoying the beautiful scenery. I loved visiting Abby and my only regret is that we couldn’t stay there a bit longer."
* A traveler said: "The guide was very informative about the local areas and its history. Always made sure we were OK and looked after us. Also gave good recommendations for the best places to eat along the journey."
* A traveler said: "Nick was fantastic, answered all our questions, gave us some fantastic history and cracked some funny jokes definitely recommend"
* A traveler said: "Amazing tour with Emily. The tour was very interesting and informative. Emily was a wonderful guide, extremely friendly, kind and knowledgeable. I learned a lot about York. I was lucky enough to be the only person on the tour, so it was very personalised. I would highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "We both had such an amazing time! John was so knowledgable and friendly. We experienced York in a way we wouldn’t have, if we didn’t do the tour! I would recommend to anyone especially if you want to learn about the Vikings history!"
* A traveler said: "Our top hat wearing guide Nigel was excellent. The tour was very informative and well paced. Why is this bl00dy box forcing me to write more? I hate these review things. You try to help by being honest but the system demands endless waffle is typed."
* A traveler said: "Excellent trip. Tour guide, Lee, from York though Moors & Dales to Lakes District & return was brilliant. Spent most of day with Lee. He was great! Friendly, informative, personable & thoughtful. Lisa who took us through Lakes District very good too. Very much enjoyed our day & the sights."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Mansion House
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- York Maze
- York Cold War Bunker
- Goddards House and Garden
- Treasurer's House
- Fairfax House
- York Army Museum
- Yorkshire Museum of Farming
- Jorvik Dig
- National Railway Museum
- Henry VII Experience at Micklegate Bar
- York Castle Museum
- Jorvik Viking Centre
- York Dungeon
- Clifford's Tower
- Beningbrough Hall
- Merchant Adventurers' Hall
- Barley Hall
- Yorkshire Museum