- Tour the Northern Territory's Palm Valley by 4WD from Alice Springs
- See spectacular rock formations, white sands and an oasis of rock pools and palm trees
- View the extensive Aboriginal art collection in Hermannsburg, an Aboriginal Community
- Enjoy a picnic lunch at Hermannsburg
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Take a guided walk along the ancient Finke River and learn about the flora and fauna that make up Palm Valley’s unique ecosystem. See the spring-fed pools that help create the surprisingly lush landscape, and keep your camera handy for views of the Amphitheatre rock formation.
In the afternoon, visit historic Hermannsburg, home to an indigenous Arente community where you will enjoy a delicious picnic lunch. Learn about the town’s interesting history, and visit the home of 20th-century Aboriginal painter Albert Namatjira. You can admire some of his paintings on display at the town mission.
Enjoy the play of afternoon flight across the mystical desert landscape on the return drive to Alice Springs, where your full-day tour concludes with hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 27 travelers
- OPERATED BY AAT Kings
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands